HALL 3. EUROPEAN AND ORIENTAL CEREMONIAL WEAPONS OF THE 15TH TO 19TH CENTURIESClose
- FIRST FLOOR PLAN
- HALL 1. RUSSIAN GOLD AND SILVERWARE OF THE 12TH TO EARLY 17TH CENTURIES
- HALL 2. RUSSIAN GOLD AND SILVERWARE OF THE 17TH TO 20TH CENTURIES
- HALL 3. EUROPEAN AND ORIENTAL CEREMONIAL WEAPONS OF THE 15TH TO 19TH CENTURIES
- HALL 4. RUSSIAN ARMS OF THE 12TH TO EARLY 19TH CENTURIES
- HALL 5. WEST EUROPEAN SILVER OF THE 13TH TO 19TH CENTURIES
The collection of European weapons and armour presents leading armour production centers. Lamellar armours, cold steel and firearms acquaint us with the basic stages of arms' development in the West while the period of the late 15th to 19th century. The majority of Eastern gunmakers' creations are presented by artworks by masters of Persia and Turkey, large armour production centers of the East. Shields, daggers, sabres, helmets, chain armours are decorated with gold, silver and jewels.
Many weapons exhibited were brought to Russia in the 16th and 17th centuries as diplomatic gifts.